Download VirtualBox for Windows 10 – Latest Version
VirtualBox is a free and open-source application suitable for both Home and Enterprise. The application supports both Intel64 and AMD64 processors. Among all other virtualization applications, you will find VirtualBox one of the most powerful and advanced ones out there. And here you are going to download VirtualBox for Windows 10 for free.
It is a powerful yet light weighted application that can run multiple OS inside. You can run macOS, Windows OS, Windows Server, and Linux inside the VirtualBox. VirtualBox is a great option for users who don’t have all the specs or hardware to test things on different operating systems.
VirtualBox for Windows 10 Download
This is a great way to use multiple operating systems inside a single PC. Here you will download VirtualBox for Windows 10 full version. The setup file is untouched from anything that might harm your system.
The setup file is hosted by Oracles who own the VirtualBox. So, without any hesitation use the link below to download VirtualBox for Windows. VirtualBox setup supports 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
Size: 104.99 MB
Developer: Oracle Inc.
VirtualBox can be installed on Windows (7, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, Server 2012 R2, Server 2016, Server 2019), Mac OSX (10.12, 10.13, 10.14), Linux 64-bit (Ubuntu, Debian, Oracle Linux, RHEL 6 and 7, Fedora 28 and 29, Gentoo Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 and 15, openSUSE Leap 42.3 and 15.0), and Oracle 64-bit Solaris 11.
How to download VirtualBox on Windows 10?
If you want VirtualBox for Windows 10 to download then you will use the link above. Here you will download a VirtualBox for 32-bit and 64-bit PC in a single file.
Download the setup and then do the installation. There will be no need for any sort of purchasing; you will download it, install then use it right away. If you are still confused then you will use the steps below:
Install VirtualBox on Windows 10
The installation of VirtualBox on Windows 10 is straightforward and easy.
You will begin by enabling the virtualization feature from BIOS. Then continue to download the setup file of VB. Click on the download button above to download VirtualBox for Windows 10.
Then you will double-click on the setup file.
In the first window, you will click on Next.
Here you will select the Default option and click on Next again. You can also change the options if you want but you are recommended to use the default option if you are new.
Click the Next button to continue with the installation.
Now Warning: Network Interfaces will appear; you will click on Yes.
The installation will take place. Once the installation got completed then you will click on Finish.
Extension Pack for VirtualBox
After the installation of VirtualBox on Windows 10, you will create and run VM. However; inside the guest OS, you will find low graphics, and poor audio and some might also experience laggy performance. To fix all these problems, you are going to install an extension pack.
Extension Pack will not only fix the issues present but will also add new features too. You will install it and will notice the changes for sure.
The installation is quite easy as below:
- Download Extension Pack
- Run VirtualBox and open it inside the VB.
- Run it and the installation will begin.
Users can also use the built-in option to install an extension pack.
- How To Install Windows XP on Windows 10?
- How to Install Ubuntu on Windows 10?
- How to install Windows 10 on VirtualBox?
- How to Install Windows 11 on VirtualBox?
Key Features of VirtualBox
- Snapshots- The ability to create and delete Snapshots while the virtual machine is running makes this feature a great alternative to system backup. Through the options in VirtualBox, users can clone virtual machines. This is useful for VM backups, testing different guest OS, and experimenting with VM configurations.
- Virtual Machine Groups- VM groups can be categorized and arranged. This makes it simple and quick to switch between the VM.
- VirtualBox Remote Desktop Extension- VirtualBox Remote Desktop Extension of VirtualBox enables remote access to virtual machines as well (VRDE).
- Disk Image Encryption- Oracle VM Virtual Box uses the AES algorithm in XTS mode (128-bit or 256-bit) to provide encrypted virtual disc images; as the DEK is saved as part of the virtual machine configuration file, encryption adds an additional layer of protection.
- USB 3.0- Now, USB 3.0 devices can be recognized and used by guest operating systems at full speed. Now it is possible to utilize USB 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0 devices for guest OS.
- Drag & Drop- bi-directional drag-and-drop functionality between the guest and host operating systems is present.
Operating System that VirtualBox can run?
A wide range of OS is supported by VirtualBox. From all versions of Macintosh, Linux, and Solaris to all versions of Windows OS that includes; Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 & Windows 11. It can also run DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4, 2.6, 3.x, and 4.x), Solaris and OpenSolaris, OS/2, and OpenBSD too.
Can VirtualBox run macOS inside?
Yes! VirtualBox can run all Macintosh as guest OS. Not only Macintosh but Linux, Solaris, and Windows can be used as guest OS too.
Is VirtualBox free to use?
VirtualBox is an open-source application with GPLv2 (General Public License version 2). It means that you can use the application for free. Both VirtualBox and extension pack is to use for personal, educational, or evaluation use. The same with Enterprises; which allow most commercial, non-distribution uses restricted by the PUEL.
Should I Dual boot or repartition for guest OS inside VirtualBox?
There will no requirement for repartition or to dual boot. You are going to install VirtualBox on Windows 10 and then create a new VM. inside the VM, you will install any OS that you like. The VM will only take up some space on your hard disk, there won’t be any additional work to do. The only thing, you will need to do before the installation of VirtualBox is to enable Virtualization from BIOS.
Can VirtualBox run X86 OS?
VirtualBox can run both x86 and x64-based OS. Almost all types of OS are supported by VirtualBox. So, click on the link above for VirtualBox for Windows 10 Download.