Free Download macOS Catalina DMG
Mac OS Catalina Download DMG- Are you here to download macOS Catalina DMG? Well, you are going to download this wonderful macOS from the links below. macOS Catalina was announced for the first time on WWDC (World Wide Developer Conference) on June 3, 2019. The macOS was released on 7 of October 2019.
It was the successor of macOS Mojave and was later succeeded by macOS Big Sur. Catalina was praised highly by the fans, as the macOS was stable, fast, and had tons of new features. Enhancement was made in interface, performance, and security. After using Catalina, you will understand why fans loved the macOS Catalina so much.
Mac OS Catalina Download DMG
Since DMG file format is preferred on macOS as compared to ISO, I have brought the links for only DMG. If you want the ISO file format, you can comment down and I will provide the ISO file too. The DMG file of macOS Catalina can be used to create a bootable USB as well as for installation.
macOS Catalina DMG can be used on virtualization platforms such as VMware Workstation or VirtualBox. This was also the reason why we have provided the standalone offline installer, instead of providing the link to the Apple App Store. You might be interested in “How to install macOS Catalina on Virtual Box?”.
There are users who want the offline installer for virtualization purposes, which can be acquired from App Store. Use the DMG file of macOS Catalina for upgrading your Mac or MacBook; or use it for virtualization. However; you will need to keep in mind that macOS no longer support 32-bit applications.
This was something that Apple wanted to do a long time ago and in Catalina 32-bit applications are no longer supported. Use the direct links below to download mac OS Catalina DMG.
Note: if the link above is not working for some reason, then you can navigate at the bottom and use the links to download macOS Catalina DMG for free. You will find the links in the “How to download macOS Catalina?” section.
System Requirement for macOS Catalina
For running the macOS Catalina on your system, you will need at least 4 GB of RAM memory. The user who is upgrading their macOS from Yosemite will need 18.5 GB of storage. Other users will only need 12.5 GB. The macOS can run on the following Apple systems.
MacBook: Early 2015 or Newer
MacBook Air: Mid 2012 or Newer
iMac: Late 2012 or newer
MacBook Pro: Mid 2012 or Newer
Mac Mini: Late 2012 or newer
Since there are users who don’t know either their system can run macOS Catalina or not, I have provided a list of Apple systems that can run Catalina.
- Mac Pro: Late 2013 or later
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2014)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2013)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2012)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, 2017)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2016)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015)
- iMac Pro (2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Mid 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
- iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2014)
- iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
- iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)
- iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)
- iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012)
- Mac mini (2018)
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
- Mac mini (Late 2012)
- Mac Pro (2019)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
Hardware requirement for macOS Catalina
For running the macOS, you will need the following hardware to use the macOS at its best.
Microphone: for using Siri and other voice-related features.
Camera: for using Facetime or face unlock features.
Trackpad: for using gesture-like features.
Separate Solid Drive: for creating a backup and securing your data using Time Machine.
Internet Connection: for using Spotlight and other internet-related features.
How to Download macOS Catalina on Mac or MacBook?
For downloading macOS Catalina on Mac, you will need to Apple ID as a must. There is absolutely no way to download the macOS with Apple ID (apart from us, where you can download from direct links without any Apple ID).
Note: you can use this method only for upgrading your macOS. You cannot download the macOS and use the setup file for other purposes.
You will begin the downloading process by going to Apple App Store. Then you will search for “macOS Catalina” in the search bar.
Once you found the macOS Catalina, you will click on the Get button. The download will begin and when the download got completed; you will close the App Store and will go to System Preferences.
In System Preferences, you will find Software Update. Click on it and you will find Upgrade Now on your screen. Here you will click on Upgrade Now and you will system will ask for a system reboot.
Restart your system and the process of upgrading your macOS will begin. Now follow the instructions by the macOS and you will upgrade your macOS to macOS Catalina.
What is new in macOS Catalina?
To provide you a proper insight on macOS Catalina, have a look at the features of macOS Catalina.
Apple has discontinued iTunes on macOS Catalina and has provided three new applications. This will not only provide efficiency as instead of one heavy application but there will also be three light-weighted applications for specific purposes.
Music: This will be used for listening and watching audio or video files. The application has support for high-quality videos and also has the option to download music. More than 50 million music is available in Music to be downloaded and listened to.
Apple TV: This will be used for watching content online. You can watch movies or series by subscribing to them. No ads or interruption, subscribe and watch your preferred content. On Apple TV, you have the option to watch 100,000+ content.
Podcasts: For users who like listening to podcasts (like me), they can use this amazing app.
AppleWatch: If you are having AppleWatch then you can unlock your Mac without typing your password each time. Use your AppleWatch as a key to unlock your system. Swipe your watch and access your Mac.
SideCar: This is a great feature for graphics designers. Instead of purchasing a secondary monitor, they can use their iPad as a second monitor.
SplitView: Not only SideCar but users can also the SplitView for keeping an eye on multiple projects. Users with a widescreen can use this feature to use multiple applications at once.
ScreenTime: If you are someone like me who spends hours on screen then Screen Time will be quite handy for you. You will use the feature to track your time on your system and to know how much time you are spending on which application. There is also the option to alarm you after spending a certain time on a specific application or on your system.
3: Ease of use
Voice Control: Now you can control your entire macOS by your voice commands. Apple has made advancements on voice commands so much that you are able to control the macOS from tip to bottom with your voice.
Siri: Advancement on Siri has been made too. Same with Spotlight, now the macOS can understand even better your accents and the emotion behind your commands. This will make the voice command feature work even better.
Photo Gallery: The interface of Photo Gallery has been improved too. Now the management of pictures is even more organized. All the Live Photos are aligned even better; there is also the option to disable the autoplay of Live Photos too.
Synchronizing files: Any kind of changes to files or settings will be synced with your other devices too. This will option will help you to keep your preferred settings without changing them on each device manually.
4: Security improvements
Find My Mac: This is a new feature that will help you to find your lost Apple product. Whether it is your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Using the feature, you can find your device easily.
GateKeeper: This feature will help you to protect your system from threats. Any unwanted access to your system will be blocked by the feature.
5: Other improvements
- Enhancement on Photos and Notes are made.
- Support for Apple Pencil on iPad is added. You can use your iPad and Apple Pencil to draw sketches on your MacBook or Mac.
- Your Mac now also supports iPad or iPhone applications.
- With Share feature, you can share files or folders with your friends and family.
- Improvements on Image editing has been made too.
- There is also the option to create PDF files on your macOS without using third party applications.
6: Fixed issues on macOS Catalina
- Fixes an issue that might prevent reminders from delivering alerts for repeating reminders.
- Fixes an issue with addresses that might restrict access to the login screen.
- The system options that display you the notification after installing the macOS Catalina update have been fixed.
- Resolved situations where the built-in camera may not be identified
- When uploading or downloading media from iCloud while the Mac is sleeping, this fix resolves the issue.
- Fixes the problem while transferring huge amounts of data to RAID volumes.
- Fixes difficulties with motion accessibility in FaceTime call groups.
How to download mac OS Catalina DMG?
There are two ways to download macOS Catalina. It doesn’t matter whether you want to download macOS Catalina DMG or ISO files. You can use the Apple App Store or you can use the direct links provided by us. Use the direct links by using and downloading the macOS for virtualizing purposes or for installing/upgrading your Mac. There is also the option to use a third-party application for downloading macOS; instead, I would recommend you to use the direct links given for downloading macOS. Using third-party applications can be frustrating due to stability.
Is macOS Catalina the latest version of macOS?
No macOS Catalina is not the latest version of macOS. macOS Catalina has been succeeded by macOS Big Sur and macOS Monterey. Even though the macOS is not the latest version, still it is one of the best versions of macOS. Use the direct links to download macOS Catalina in DMG for free.
Is macOS Catalina still available for downloading?
You can download macOS Catalina from Apple App Store and from the direct link by us. No matter which one you use, you can download the macOS anywhere and anytime. Get your macOS for free by the links given.