Free Download macOS 10.15 for VirtualBox
You want to download macOS 10.15 ISO Image for VirtualBox and that is what you are going to get. macOS Catalina (10.15) is the sixteenth major release by Apple. It was the successor of macOS Mojave and later was succeeded by macOS Big Sur.
Although the macOS was released in 2019; Catalina is still considered one of the best among the macOS. The topic can continue on how good macOS Catalina is, and why it is better than its previous macOS. However; this will make the entire article boring and out of course. Instead, we will continue our original objective which is to download macOS 10.15 for VirtualBox.
Related: Free Download macOS Catalina DMG
Download macOS 10.15 for VirtualBox
VirtualBox is one of the most powerful and popular virtualization software. The app is powerful enough to run multiple guest OS at a time. On the Windows platform, VMware (player or workstation) and VirtualBox are two of the biggest competitors.
And if you have chosen VirtualBox then you know well, how good VirtualBox is. Instead of further ado, click on the link below to download macOS 10.15 for VirtualBox. Once downloaded, you can scroll down and navigate to the installation section too. In the installation section, you will find all the steps of installing macOS 10.15 on VirtualBox.
Size: 8.3 GB
Attributes of macOS 10.15
Catalina was initially released on October 7, 2019. It brought many new features and apps for the user to enjoy. Some of them are listed below:
Suppose you are an artist or a content writer whose primary workspace is his mac; now, you can extend your workspace to your iPad and continue your work remotely.
2- Mac Catalyst
Mac Catalyst is a software-development tool that allows the third-party developer to write apps that can run on all apple’s devices.
3- Voice Control
Now you can control your mac entirely with just your voice, and this feature can boost your efficiency and be handy while you are busy on your iPhone or iPad.
4- Security Improvement
Apple has brought new features to ensure Catalina’s security. The new Gatekeeper feature ensures that only the trusted software runs on Mac. Catalina also runs on a dedicated read-only system volume which means nothing can accidentally harm the OS data since it is separated from everything else.
Specification/System requirement for running macOS 10.15 on VirtualBox
Here is a short note on what is required to run macOS 10.15 on VirtualBox. Even though the specs given can run the macOS, still I would recommend you to have a system with many improvements as compared below. As the specs given are the minimum to run macOS.
- 4GB of RAM
- 64bit Intel processor
- 8GB of free disk space
- Iris Graphic 4000 series or later
Initiating Installation of macOS 10.15 on VirtualBox
Before we start our installation, it’s better first to download the perquisites so we can continue our guide without any problems.
- First Download macOS Catalina ISO
- Second Download Virtualbox Setup
- Third Download Virtualbox Code
- Fourth Download Virtualbox Extension
- And last Download fix code
1- Creating a Virtual Machine
Now that you have downloaded all the required files, it’s time to create a virtual machine.
- Open VirtualBox and click on New.
- Click on Expert Mode, perform the following steps, and click on Create.
- Type a name for your Virtual Machine.
- Choose a location for your Virtual Machine.
- Type: Mac OS X.
- Version: Mac OS X 64-bit.
- Allocate at least 4GB of memory (8GB Recommended)
- Hard Disk: Use an existing virtual hard disk file & click on the file icon.
- Navigate to your Catalina’s iso file.
- Ensure the iso file is selected and click on Choose.
- Lastly, click on Create.
- After creating a virtual machine, we have to configure it to make it work. Select the virtual machine you have just created and click on Settings.
- Under the Motherboard tab, the Settings section increases the base memory to 4068 MB (4GB) or higher.
- Boot Order: uncheck Floppy.
- Under the Processor tab, increase processor to 4.
- Increase the Video Memory to 128 MB in the Display section and click on OK.
2- Running code via Command Prompt.
To install Catalina smoothly and without any problem, there is some code that we have to enter. And to fix the screen resolution problem, there is also a code for that which we have to enter. This part is about entering code and resolving issues. Make sure to close your VirtualBox before executing the codes.
- Click on the start menu, search for “Command prompt,” right-click on it and run it as administrator.
- Now enter the code which you had downloaded before.
Note: Before executing the code, replace “VM Name” with your own virtual machine’s name.
- To fix the screen resolution problem, replace “VM Name” with your own Virtual Machine’s name and return HxV to your screen’s resolution like “1280×720 or 1920×1080”.
- Once all the code is executed, close your command prompt.
3- Creating a Bootable disk for macOS 10.15
- Open your virtual box, select the virtual machine we created, and click on Start.
- Choose your language and click on the arrow.
- Select Disk Utility and click on Continue.
- Select your primary VHD Disk and click on the Erase button. Now perform the following steps:
- Name: “Give a name to the disk.”
- Format: APFS
- Scheme: GUID Partition Map
- Click on Erase.
- Select Install macOS and click on Continue.
- Click on ‘Continue’.
- Agree on macOS Catalina’s License Agreement.
- Select the disk that you have created and click on Install.
- Wait for the virtual machine to restart, and wait until the installation is done.
4- Clean installation of Catalina
Once the previous steps are done, you will be greeted with a Welcome window.
- Choose your Country and click on Continue.
- Choose your Keyboard Layout and click on Continue.
- Click on Continue in Data & Privacy window.
- Here, you will click on Don’t transfer any information now and click Continue.
- Click Set Up Later and click on Skip.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and click on Continue.
- Create an account for your mac and click Continue.
- Click on Customize setting to customize Express Set Up; otherwise, click Continue.
- In the Analytics window, click Continue.
- In the Screen Time window, click on Set Up Later.
- If you like Siri, click on Continue or otherwise uncheck the box before continuing.
- Choose your preferred theme and click Continue.
- Wait for mac to set up.
- Now click on Continue in the Keyboard Setup Assistant window and set up your keyboard accordingly.
- You can continue with the Feedback window or just close it.
For the full guide on “How to install macOS Catalina on Virtual Box?” click here. This will provide you with all the tools and applications for installing macOS 10.11 on VirtualBox. All the steps are picture illustrated with details in-depth, so you won’t experience any sort of confusion. If you have any questions or have experienced any errors then comment down, I will get to you as soon as possible.